Oasis of the Seas
About Royal Caribbean International
Royal Caribbean International is a brand with an incredible history and unlimited potential. The cruise line not only sets new standards by the size of the ships, but also by its degree of innovation. Especially the entertainment programm on their vessels is a new invention. The ships are convincing due to a variety of sport offers and leisure activities for every age group. Particularly the outdoor area offers great experiences with ice rinks or zip lines. However not only the big vessels, but also the smaller ones offer plenty options to have fun in a relaxed atmosphere. In the different restaurants you expect tasty dishes combined with an attentive service. On board, all age groups feel at home. Due to the company's heritage a basic knowledge in English is recommended. Another thing to take into considerations is that the additional costs are higher than on German ships.
The Oasis of the Seas, the first ship of the "Oasis" class, was put into service in December 2009 and most recently extensively modernized in 2014. The 16 decks of the ship can comfortably accommodate up to 5400 guests (with double occupancy). In the winter months, the ship cruises in the beautiful areas of the Caribbean Sea, while in the summer months the western Mediterranean lures. In the variously designed areas of the ship, the so-called Neighborhoods, there is a huge leisure and entertainment offer. Wellness and sports facilities are also very important on board, so that the right cruise for every guest is possible. The "Central Park" with more than 12,000 plants and the "Royal Promenade" modeled on an English seaside resort with its carousel and snack stalls make the Oasis of the Seas an ideal mix of floating city and amusement park.
The inside cabins offer about 14-16 square meters, outside cabins about 16-18 square meters and balcony cabins about 17-18 square meters of space. In all cabins are television, telephone, a private bathroom with shower, a dressing table and a hair dryer part of the basic equipment. The two single beds can be pushed together on request to a double bed. The balcony cabins can either be booked with views to the Boardwalk, Central Park or quite traditional with sea view. Luxurious suites, some extending over two floors and featuring their own whirlpool, complete the offer. The suites offer between 26-149 square meters, depending on the booked category.
Atmosphere on Board
The Oasis of the Seas is a ship where guests of all ages can feel comfortable. On board, however, guests get their money’s worth, who appreciate the comprehensive entertainment and want to experience as much as possible. The audience is international, the atmosphere relaxed and easy-going, the service is friendly and very professional, just typical for an American cruise line. On some evenings, festive attire is expected in the main restaurant. However, if you like it more casual, you can switch to other restaurants on evenings like this.
Food and Beverages
Guests aboard the Oasis of the Seas enjoy a wide variety of dining options, with 20 different restaurants, cafes, bars and lounges on board. You have the choice between the early or the late table time, as well as an open table time, during which you can make your evening flexible and according to your wishes. On board is the right restaurant for every taste, whether Asian, international, Italian or typical American cuisine, you can enjoy what you feel like doing. A very special highlight is the restaurant "Wonderland", where you can be enchanted by culinary delights and taste fancy dishes that are reminiscent of the different elements. There is an extra charge in the specialty restaurants and a reservation is recommended. As with all other services on board, a service charge will be added to the drinks prices.
Entertainment, Sports and Relaxation
The Oasis of the Seas offers a wide variety of entertainment for all tastes: Broadway musicals, acrobatic performances at the Aqua Theater, dance evenings or a game at Casino Royale - the evening offers plenty of options. During the day you can jump on the board and float on two FlowRider surf simulators or enjoy a fly over the ship with the zipline. The climbing wall offers further thrill. Those who prefer to relax on board are in good hands in the spacious Vitality at Sea Spa and can find pure relaxation in the various saunas and pools or with a soothing treatment (for a fee). Boardwalk and Royal Promenade invite you to stroll, while in one of the many bars you can end the day with a good drink. Children can let off steam in the "H2O Zone" and experience adventures with other kids, and teens also find their own space on the ship to meet with their peers.
Also the Oasis of the Seas is a superlative ship, and typically for Royal Caribbean, with plenty of variety and entertainment on board. Also culinary, the ship offers many choices and something for every taste. The atmosphere on the ships of the cruise line is relaxed, but also professional and very friendly.
Our rating of the Oasis of the Seas:
|Comfort and luxury|
|Sports and fitness|
|Spa and wellness|
Our customers say:
|Overall rating of ship|
More Feedback from our customers about this ship (click for details)
Cruise in one sentence
- Brilliant Ship Only Problem was long wait in dining room on deck number 3
- Very enjoyable time , beautiful ship and great itinerary
- Brilliant ship would highly recommend
- Magnificent ship, has everything on board, you will never get bored.
- Great experience. Both my husband and my self had a wonderful time.
- Brilliant first cruise experience with an amazing ship and services.
- Ship is fantastic but is built for the Carabean, not for Europe
- Had a great time on oasis i was very inpressed
- Meget fin cabin.
- Had any issue with air blowing into the room that was very slow been dealt with
- Nice and big and could see everything on the promenade
- Really spacious considering there were 4 of us.
- Very comfortable.
- Sold as a big cabin for 2 adults and 2 children and with place for child bed....
- Good room with a nice view that had everything we needed however we thought the room surroundings would of been a bit more luxurious.
- Cabin is on the boardwalk, it's well situated to have an overview of th BW , but keep in mind that it can be noisy in the afternoon and the evening with open window
- Was upgraded to balcony in cetral park it was perfect view
- The pools were quite small. More room given to sunbed space but apart from that it was excellent.
- Understand the amount of people served but the knowledge around wine and food could be much better....
- This was our first cruise and we couldn't fault the ship or the services offered. The vast majority of staff were very helpful and friendly. The only negative items we would have is a lack of information for "first time crusiers" regarding some services for e....
- Oasis of the seas needs hot temperatures, if not people must stay inside and the ship look crowded then....
- Wonderfull ship had no complaints
- best entertainment on any of the ships we have cruised on
- our servic in the cabin was exellent :) Keegan did a great job :)
- With 5,000 passengers the service standards seem to have declined. Everything was efficient.
- A golf- simulator would give real training possibilities
- Service onboard was excellent.