Liberty of the Seas
About Royal Caribbean International
Royal Caribbean International is a brand with an incredible history and unlimited potential. The cruise line not only sets new standards by the size of the ships, but also by its degree of innovation. Especially the entertainment programm on their vessels is a new invention. The ships are convincing due to a variety of sport offers and leisure activities for every age group. Particularly the outdoor area offers great experiences with ice rinks or zip lines. However not only the big vessels, but also the smaller ones offer plenty options to have fun in a relaxed atmosphere. In the different restaurants you expect tasty dishes combined with an attentive service. On board, all age groups feel at home. Due to the company's heritage a basic knowledge in English is recommended.
The "Liberty of the Seas" is the sister ship of the colossal "Freedom of the Seas" and is cruising the seas since summer 2007. She offers all sorts of entertainment for the passengers.
Atmosphere on Board
The "Liberty" offers separate areas for all age groups, so that all voyagers that are fascinated by this colossal ship can feel well on board. There is a huge, closed area for kids and teens, a wonderful are with a tropical landscape besides the pool which also serves those seeking the calm. A large part of the guests on board this ship comes from the United States, but the ship is also popular with many Euopeans.
In general, the atmosphere is easy and relaxed. On some evenings, formal attire is expected in the main dining room.
The additional expenses correspond to the standard that you can find on most American ships; a bottle of wine in the restaurant or at the bars costs 22 US-$ and above. You should also plan to pay a service charge of about 11 US-$ per person per day, which is distributed among the service personnel.
All cabins are very spacious, modern and comfortably fitted. Many cabins have their own balcony. As with the ships of the "Voyager" class, there are even cabins with a view on the shopping promenade of the ship.
There are different possibilities for enjoying the fine food on board. The main restaurant spans three decks and is decorated classical and stylish. The intimate "Portofino" restaurant offers delicious specialties of the Italian cuisine. Reservations can be made on board for an additional charge. The "Johnny Rockets" is a Diner in 50s style. Tasty burgers and hearty American fast food are cooked fresh to order here.
No matter if you like it rather quiet, or if you would like to celebrate in the disco: From piano music to shows in Broadway style to the huge disco, all souls on board can find their favorite place. Regularly, there will be held art auctions on board, and you will have infomation venues about the ports of call.
Sports and Wellness
The Spa is one of the largest at sea. It offers a spacious fitness area with a splendid ocean view, a pool with a relaxation area ("Solarium"), numerous fitness courses like Aerobics and Pilates (partly for a fee) as well as a sauna (separated by gender). The Spa offers a lot of treatments (for a fee).
Two more pools and a few whirlpools on deck invite you to swim and bathe.
The Liberty of the Seas as the largest cruise ship in the world is the ultimate of the seven seas. You can surf on board in a special surf simulator, bathe in two whirlpools that hang 30 meters above the sea, romp about in the "Aqua Park" or climb the huge climbing wall - the ship becomes the destination. The service is professional and friendly, and you get a good value for your money. In any case, this ship is a real adventure!
Our rating of the Liberty of the Seas:
|Comfort and luxury|
|Sports and fitness|
|Spa and wellness|
Our customers say:
|Overall rating of ship|
More Feedback from our customers about this ship (click for details)
Cruise in one sentence
- It was our first cruise and it was better then expected.
- Fantastic cruise
- Fantastic staff, service, food, entertainment . Only thing I could complain about was drink price was different on a couple of occasions when we ordered thw same drink . Had to check receipt every time and .
- Great and well organized cruise and excellent restaurants.
- An enjoyable experience
- The cruise was wonderful and very good organized.
- Beautiful and great boat.
- Holiday of a Lifetime!!!
- Great holiday.
- Excellent Cabin in right location slightly bigger balancy
- Extremely nice and helpful staf that was responisible for our cabin, he did a fantastic job.
- Lovely cabin size sufficent no tea/ coffee facilities which I was surprised with . Spotlessly clean and comfortable....
- we found the cabin to be bigger than we expected and the bed was so comfortable
- For inside type cabinet it was great....
- small but comfortable
- The cabin, especially the bathroom was little bit weared and teared.
- I had a balcony cabin which was beautiful looking over the sea, the best part was pulling back the curtain each morning to see the new port we had arrived in!
- lovely seaview cabin, very clean, very comfortable bed pleanty of room inside cabin.
- The food should actually be a number one, but the lunch in the Rembrant restaurant was not up to the standard of breakfast and dinner. The Windjammer had a hig evan preformens.
- Beautiful ship . Spotlessly clean . Hygiene standards very high with sanitizer every where and staff beside dispensers to make sure you used it. Service excellent . We are not big drinkers but ordered wine with dinner and charged different price for same wine ....
- Liberty is a beautiful ship ..clean and well maintained . there was so much to do and nearly not enough time to do it , would love to return .
- Special thanks for our restaurant people Naville and Frosina for excellent service.
- wold not like to experienc areal emergency
- Very noisy at the poolaeras vith a lot of kidds running around. We are 60+ and rekomend this chip to familys.
- The dining room food definitely was not as nice as the other restaurants on the ship including the windjammer and room service!
- Loved Liberty of the Seas, beautiful ship shame its not coming back to the med.
- We have previously been on adventure of the seas, but this boat is alot bigger, we loved it.