The Ruby Princess by Princess Cruises was built in 2008 and can accommodate 3082 passengers. The ship was last modernized in 2015. Almost 900 of the 1,542 passenger cabins onboard have an own balcony so you can enjoy the beautiful seaview at any time. An excellent cuisine, outstanding service and many entertainment options ensure well-being on board. Even those seeking relaxation will get their money's worth in the spa and fitness area. The additional costs are comparable, if not lower than on German ships. The board currency is US dollar. All services are subject to a service charge, as is standard on international ships.
All cabins aboard the Ruby Princess are cosy and comfortable, and quite spacious. Nearly 900 cabins have their own balcony. The inside cabins are about 14-15 square meters, outside cabins 15-20 square meters and balcony cabins 16-25 square meters. The size of the suites varies between 28 and 122 square meters depending on the category.
Atmosphere on Board
You will enjoy all the amenities and varied possibilities of a large ship while you feel secure and personally cared for, as if you were crossing the seas on a small ship. Contributing to this are the many small bars and lounges as well as the good, unobtrusive and personal service of Princess Cruises. Comfortable casual wear is recommended during the day, matching the visited destination. In the evening, the guests also like to dress a little more chic and choose sporty chic or elegant clothes.
Food and Beverages
One of the cruise lines quality features is its excellent cuisine. In addition to the main restaurant with various dining rooms, there are also four different specialty restaurants on board, where you can enjoy delicacies from all over the world at an extra cost. The Crown Grill serves delicious steak and seafood, while the SHARE offers specialty dishes from Curtis Stone. Casual-dining-restaurants offer small and filling snacks. Our tip: If you do not want to be tied to fixed table times, please note the "Anytime Dining". Then you can eat in a separate area of the main restaurant whenever you want. For that you relinquish a "fixed table" for a fixed table time in the main restaurant.
Entertainment, Sports and Relaxation
Whether you prefer calm relaxation or want to dance the night away in the disco: on board the Ruby Princess every guest gets their money's worth. In the evenings, elaborate Broadway-style shows are performed in the grand theater, while "Movies under the stars", a hallmark of the cruise line, offers cinema blockbusters in a unique, open-air atmosphere. In the Hot Spots such as the casino or SkyWalkers nightclub life still pulsates at a late hour. The Lotus Spa offers a large fitness area with stunning sea views, a pool with relaxation area and numerous courses. On the jogging course, you can enjoy the fresh sea air while running your rounds. Various other pools and hot tubs on board provide cooling and relaxing hours. In “The Sanctury”, an exclusive adults-only recreation area, you can relax, while children and teens enjoy a special variety of group activities and attractions.
On board the Ruby Princess, you can experience upscale style at a very attractive price. The onboard language is English, so we recommend basic English skills. All in all, a well-organized cruising experience of very good quality awaits you, with a great variety of entertainment and relaxation aboard.
Our rating of the Ruby Princess:
|Comfort and luxury|
|Sports and fitness|
|Spa and wellness|
More Feedback from our customers about this ship (click for details)
Cruise in one sentence
- A wonderful experience
- Nice ship, lousy food,
- Magnificent! Realy escape completely!
- An excellent experience
- We have sailed already 4 times with Princess and we already know that our next holliday will be with Princess again! Superb!
- A fantastic holiday
- Excellent - great cruise itinerary, good mix of ages, nationalities,service, food and entertainment.
- It was a very good experience!
- It couldn't have been nicer!
- The best I have had with princess
- it was noisy in the very early morning and at night.
- The stateroom service was really good
- Molto spaziosa
- Inside cabin was more spacious than expected and housekeeping was excellent
- Clean and bright. Felt a little vibration as was at rear of boat.
- I did not hear any announcements in the cabin. Was the loudspeaker not functioning? Maybe it was the intention not to disturb the clients, but on the other hand I missed announcements of beginning programs.
- Good staff serving bad food
- The food and service is good
- Nave bellissima
- Everything is very good with Princess but the smoking policy is a bit to strikt for me....
- Great ship. Great swimming pools.
- The food in the buffe could have been more healthy. They could also have local food alternatives from the places visited. I also would have liked if they hade sorted the garbage, more environmental thinking.