About MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises offers its guests mediterranean and modern lifestyle at a good price-performance ratio. On the sometimes colorful, sometimes discreetly designed ships, guests of all ages feel comfortable. In the summer months, many families are on board, especially at Mediterranean cruises, many Italian families spread Italian cheerfulness. In the off-season, it is a little quieter, then many older guests come on board, to experience a cheap cruise. The ships also arrive well in the German market and the number of German guests is growing steadily. The ships of the MSC fleet take with double occupancy between 1500 and 5700 passengers on board. English skills are recommended, but you also get some German service on board. MSC is going to become the first ever global cruise company with climate-neutral ship operations. All co2 emissions of the fleet will be compensed with projects that count on Blue Carbon Credits.
About MSC Splendida
The MSC Splendida was commissioned in 2009 as the sister ship of the MSC Fantasia and is one of the larger ships of MSC cruises. At 333.30 meters in length, it offers space for 3,247 passengers (with double occupancy). It is one of six vessels in the fleet with an exclusive MSC Yacht Club area. Design and furnishings, designed by the Italian De Jorio Design Studio, are elegant. Nevertheless, the MSC Splendida differs from her similarly designed sister ship. Among the highlights of the ship are the precious Swarovski staircase in the foyer, the Aqua Park with indoor and outdoor pool and over 150 fountains and the popular children's paradise..
The cabins of the MSC Splendida are modern and comfortably furnished and have a bathroom with shower, TV, telephone, minibar and safe. The inside and outside cabins measure 12-13 square meters. The balcony cabins, which make up 80% of the cabins, are 17 square meters in size. The suites offer 21-53 square meters depending on the category. Some balcony cabins and all suites have a bathtub instead of a shower.
Atmosphere on Board
Thanks to the big variety of entertainment etc. onboard everybody feels comfortable. Everybody will find their favourite spot - either in the kids club, in the gym, the spa, the big theatre, disco or various bars. There is also a big casino, an internet café and a library. The atmoshpere on board is very casual. On two nights a week more formal clothes are recommended, though.
Entertainment, Sports and Relaxation
Some of the innovations on board MSC Splendida: 3D-cinema, 1,500 sqm spa, an interactive sports bar and a Tex Mex-restaurant that is open 24 hours a day. For the first time MSC will offer the La Dolce Vita concept: 100 cabins with butler service, their own reception desk, pool and solarium as well as a private entrance to the spa area.
There are many ways of spending a day on board MSC Splendida: There is a large gym, solarium as well as basketball and tennis facilities. A wide range of massages and other wellness and beauty treatments are offered in the MSC Aurea Spa. Of course, you can also play the most classical cruise game aboard: Shuffleboard.
Also some kind of sports: Dance to great music in the disco. Besides, there is a huge theatre where you can enjoy many different shows and also a casino and various bars.
You will be comfortable on board, even if you are new to cruising. MSC offers a good value for money. Watch out for special offers (especially in off-seasons). These are a great opportunity for you to enjoy a wonderful cruise at a very reasonable price.
Our rating of the MSC Splendida:
|Comfort and luxury|
|Sports and fitness|
|Spa and wellness|
Our customers say:
|Overall rating of ship|
More Feedback from our customers about this ship (click for details)
Cruise in one sentence
- Fantastic voyage, but we lost the chance for sightseeing at Dubrovnik decided by the ship.
- Very good
- It was good
- It was fantastic!
- Very good overall inspite of pandemic restrictions!
- Good cruise.
- Voyage from Hell
- хороший круиз
- A mixture of fantastic destinations, service and a great ship, made up for an amazing holiday
- it was always kept cleanly and comfortable.
- Too small for 4 people!
- всё хорошо
- Spacious and comfortable
- Our cabin was comfortable for traveling.
- Good size with a nice balcony but the carpet needs a good cleaning
- In the cabin we didnt have tea or coffeevery day.
- Very good - better than we have expected.
- staffs are so friendly but only 2 clouded restaurants available. A few entertainment for children.
- Animation for both adults and kids wasn't the usual MSC standard due to pandemic restrictions
- Worst ship that I have been on
- The food could be improved by a wider choice, found food repetitive over 22 days. On deck BBQ would be nice....
- Hard to find public restrooms....
- too high charges for internet, than It is no easy to organise some group of people We were very satisfied wish service in restaurant ( Mr....
- Smoking should be banned on the whole ship. Too many smoking places on the ship.
- A lovely ship good size with indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs. Usual Friendly Staff. Only one choice Draft Beer Heineken lager no Ale....
- Special thanks to guest relations manager rajiiv seeruttun: very professional
- Food was awful, especially the Italian one - we had the impression that they want to save money on quality and quantity of the ingredients. The last night onboard there was no theatre and just a few musicians were in bars....