4132 Passengers (5334 with upper beds)
About MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises offers its guests mediterranean and modern lifestyle at a good price-performance ratio. On the sometimes colorful, sometimes discreetly designed ships, guests of all ages feel comfortable. In the summer months, many families are on board, especially at Mediterranean cruises, many Italian families spread Italian cheerfulness. In the off-season, it is a little quieter, then many older guests come on board, to experience a cheap cruise. The ships also arrive well in the German market and the number of German guests is growing steadily. The ships of the MSC fleet take with double occupancy between 1500 and 5700 passengers on board. English skills are recommended, but you also get some German service on board. The cruise line is also committed to environmental protection and has set itself the goal of emission-free ship operation. Therefore, the ships are equipped with the latest technology, such as LNG propulsion. In addition, all newbuilds since 2017 have been equipped with a shore power connection, and further MSC Cruises ships will also be upgraded with this technology in the future.
About MSC Seaside
The MSC Seaside is a modern, relaxed ship that has been sailing the world's oceans since December 2017, becoming the first ship in the Seaside class. The MSC Seaside is equipped with the necessary technology to use shore power and with a length of 323 meters, offers space for approximately 5,179 passengers as well as fun and variety for the whole family. In addition, the ship has an extended exclusive MSC Yacht Club area. Special highlights of the MSC Seaside are the waterfront promenade and the airy atrium of the ship. In addition, the ship is equipped with the necessary technology to be able to use shore power.
MSC Seaside data
- Category: Seaside class
- Built in: 2017
- Home port: Valetta
- Length: 323 metres
- Tonnage: 153,516 BRZ
- Speed: 22.95 knots
- Decks: 20
- Passengers: 5,334
- Crew: 1.513
- Language: German, Italian, English, French, Spanish
- Currency: €
- Internet: On board there is an internet café and wi-fi. The usage is chargeable
MSC Seaside Staterooms
The staterooms at MSC Seaside are modern and comfortable, with a bathroom with shower, air conditioning, interactive TV, telephone, safe and Wi-Fi (for a fee). The interior and oceanview staterooms are approximately 14-17 sqm in size. The balcony staterooms measure 17 sqm and the suites about 17-62 sqm, depending on the suite category. Some suites have a bathtub. Tip: In the special Yacht Club Suites, guests will find many amenities such as a butler service, an on-site restaurant and in some cases even a private hot tub.
Atmosphere on board the MSC Seaside
The atmosphere on board the MSC Seaside is relaxed, easy-going and radiates typical Italian joie de vivre. Particularly inviting are the spacious interior and exterior surfaces, which are cleverly connected. Typical of the ships of the MSC fleet are two evenings during the week, where it is more elegant and festive clothing is recommended. For guests who do not want to participate, the buffet restaurant offers the typical relaxed atmosphere. Good food and lots of entertainment complete the offer aboard the MSC Seaside.
MSC Seaside Restaurants, bars & lounges
There are many different main, buffet and speciality restaurants on board the MSC Seaside. The cuisine is Mediterranean-influenced and offers a culinary variety and exquisite dishes. Drinks are available for an additional charge or you can take advantage of a drinks package.
The following restaurants are included in the price:
- Marketplace Buffet (buffet restaurant): A variety of dishes from the hot and cold buffet as well as Mediterranean delicacies await you here.
- Biscayne Bay Restaurant & Buffet (buffet restaurant): The restaurant is particularly family-friendly.
- Ipanema Restaurant (main restaurant): Enjoy fine dining in the grey and green à la carte restaurant.
- Seashore Restaurant (main restaurant): Look forward to culinary highlights and exquisite dishes in the restaurant decorated with shells and starfish.
Guests of the MSC Yacht Club also have access to an exclusive restaurant with gourmet creations and five-star service.
You pay a surcharge in the following speciality restaurants:
- Asian Market Kitchen: Here you will find a pan-Asian restaurant, a sushi bar and the Teppanyaki speciality restaurant.
- Butcher's Cut: Savour high-quality Angus beef in the steakhouse.
- Ocean Cay Restaurant: The luxurious restaurant offers a variety of fish dishes with fresh ingredients.
The range of restaurants is complemented by numerous bars and lounges (not included): enjoy an afternoon cappuccino in the Venchi 1878 Chocolate Bar, for example, and have an aperitif before dinner in the Seaside Bar. We also recommend the Champagne Bar, where oysters, crabs and caviar are served alongside champagne.
MSC Seaside Entertainment, Sports and Relaxation
There are many ways to spend your holiday on board. For relaxation, there is the popular Aurea Spa, a luxurious spa where body, mind and soul are brought into harmony. For the athletically active, the Fitness Studio by Technogym® offers state-of-the-art equipment for cardio and strength training as well as innovative courses and training programmes.
A special highlight on board the MSC Seaside is the entertainment programme. Colourful shows, musical performances and many activities await you. Especially the pool areas invite you to linger and swim. Are you more interested in the shows on board? Look forward to impressive performances in the Metropolitan Theatre.
If you are not afraid of heights, you should also definitely try the Zip Line - the longest zip line on board a cruise ship: here you race along a 105-metre high-speed track across the upper deck to the stern of the ship. If that's not enough, you can walk 40 metres above the sea on the glass skywalk at the stern. Also on this deck you will find the Forest Aquaventure Park with great slides.
MSC Seaside children
There is plenty to discover on board for children of all ages: Thrill seekers can try the 105-metre long zip line. In the Forest Aquaventure Park, pool areas and several slides await for plenty of fun. In the LEGO® play area, children have the opportunity to build great things.
Childcare is also provided for your children: babies and toddlers between the ages of one and three play in the Baby Club, which was created in collaboration with the leading children's brand Chicco®. The MSC Mini Club looks after the youngest children aged three to six and the Junior Club takes care of children aged seven to eleven. MSC's experienced entertainers look after the children with various games and lots of sporting activities. During the day, 12 to 14-year-olds in the Young Club and 15 to 17-year-olds in the Teens Club can enjoy clubs equipped with the latest consoles, games and VR technology, a teen disco and a dinner organized exclusively for teenagers.
MSC Seaside, the ship that follows the sun! With this concept, MSC Cruises offers a ship that combines the experience of a true oceanfront vacation with a full cruise. We are particularly impressed by the spacious outdoor areas. The MSC Seaside is a great vessel for those who want variety, entertainment and a colorful on-board life. Families with children feel very well. The price-performance ratio on the MSC ships is good.
Our rating of the MSC Seaside:
|Comfort and luxury
|Sports and fitness
|Spa and wellness
Our customers say:
|Overall rating of ship
More Feedback from our customers about this ship (click for details)
- Not great
- Not the best cruise experience
- Very low quality of food in the buffet
- The cruise was just great and nothing to complaint about.
- Too slow!!!
- Excellent ship with great facilities onboard.
- We did not drink no one time hot coffee on the breakfast in Buffet, VERY BAD service about this, 15-20 min need to wait that do order after 15-20 min need to wait that receive order :( Few times waiter brought wrong order! About cabin service: cleaning was OK! Before we had 2 times cleaning in cab...
- The reception is located where the performances are. The music is very loud. It is impossible to understand the receptioniste , we have to call very loudly....
- food in buffet / main restaurant below expectations, some items uneatable while others just average
- The ship was great. However we went to see a show, all theatre was full no space in between considering we are in pandemic.guest arrogant coughu with no mask when the light is off. The capacity should be half and yc guest should be seated as a priority.
Cruise in one sentence
- I have been on better cruises
- Substandard food
- Disappointing experience
- Ocena msc We’ve been travelling with MSC before and it was almost always a good experience. After being unable to travel for almost 2 years due to COVID, we were really looking forward to cruise again this year....
- Absolutely wonderful experience
- Nice cruise
- Expected much more from this cruise!
- It was EXCELLENT!.