2150 Passengers (2679 with upper beds)
About MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises offers its guests mediterranean and modern lifestyle at a good price-performance ratio. On the sometimes colorful, sometimes discreetly designed ships, guests of all ages feel comfortable. In the summer months, many families are on board, especially at Mediterranean cruises, many Italian families spread Italian cheerfulness. In the off-season, it is a little quieter, then many older guests come on board, to experience a cheap cruise. The ships also arrive well in the German market and the number of German guests is growing steadily. The ships of the MSC fleet take with double occupancy between 1500 and 5700 passengers on board. English skills are recommended, but you also get some German service on board. MSC is going to become the first ever global cruise company with climate-neutral ship operations. All co2 emissions of the fleet will be compensed with projects that count on Blue Carbon Credits.
About MSC Opera
The MSC Opera, a Lirica-class vessel, entered service in 2004 and underwent a major renaissance program in the summer of 2015. At 274.9 meters in length, it can accommodate 2150 passengers (with double occupancy). The public areas are colorful and tastefully decorated. The cabins are more classic with colorful accents. Since the last modernization, the ship has 197 new cabins, additional spacious public areas and new, flexible restaurant offerings. The ship was also equipped with a modern water park and new children's areas.
MSC Opera data
- Category: Lirica class
- Built in: 2004
- Home port: Panama City
- Length: 274,9 metres
- Tonnage: 65.591 BRZ
- Speed: 20.3 knots
- Decks: 13
- Passengers: 2,679
- Crew: 742
- Language: German, Italian, English, French, Spanish
- Currency: €
- Internet: On board there is an internet café and wi-fi. The usage is chargeable
The cabins are comfortably furnished and have a bathroom with shower and toilet, a minibar, TV, telephone and safe. The inside and outside cabins offer about 13 square meters, the balcony cabins already 15 square meters of space. The suites measure 27 square meters and are equipped with a bathtub instead of a shower.
On board the MSC Opera, it's like landing in a modern and well-kept holiday hotel: Good food, a wide range of sports, comfortable cabins and many entertainment options. Even ig the atmosphere on board is relaxed and casual, festive wear is recommended on two evenings a week. Alternatively, you can also visit the buffet restaurant on these evenings where no formal clothings are recommended.
MSC Opera restaurants
MSC Cruises is an Italian cruise line, which also influences the cuisine on board. In the main restaurants two meal times are usual. Overall, the kitchen is good and tasty. The MSC Opera has two great restaurants, La Caravella and L'Approdo as well as an open-air restaurant, the Il Patio. For a quick lunch, the cafeteria La Vele is recommended. Since the refurbishment the buffet is open 20 hours a day.
Sports, Wellness and Entertainment
On board there are many ways to spend your days. Guests seeking for active challenges or relaxation are in good hands in the large fitness and spa area with whirlpools, steam bath and much more. During the last modernization, the ship was equipped with an interactive water park for children and other children's areas were modernized in cooperation with the brands Chicco and LEGO. So even the little ones will have an unforgettable time on board. For those who like to dance and celebrate there is a disco on board where they can dance the night away.
The European-Italian atmosphere makes the MSC Opera a lively and cheerful ship. But there are also quiet corners and places to relax on board. Also cruise newcomers feel very well on this ship. The price-performance ratio is good.
- Destinations: Dubai and Emirates, Eastern Mediterranean, Orient
Our rating of the MSC Opera:
|Comfort and luxury|
|Sports and fitness|
|Spa and wellness|
Our customers say:
|Overall rating of ship|
More Feedback from our customers about this ship (click for details)
Cruise in one sentence
- Restaurant staff was so attentive and amazing! Jeffrey from Honduras and Andile (I hope I recall the name correctly and apologies if not!) from South Africa had done a phenomenal job in looking after my mum and myself every morning and evening....
- A small old ship but comes with a fantastic crew.
- good entertainment program, fast service in restaurant, a bit disappointed by services in bars, slow and ignorant
- Organization and the team was great. The cleaners are very good too. But the evening program was awfool. There where 1 couple professional latin dansers and good black guys, but 2 singers are amators, not professionals. They are not suitable for public singing. They have no musical hearing....
- There were any service near the pool: to get a poolside sunbed was mission impossible (because most italian travellers booked them witj towels for all day even the use to go to excursions); to access jakuzzi - any possibilites.