1984 Passengers (2648 with upper beds)
About MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises offers its guests mediterranean and modern lifestyle at a good price-performance ratio. On the sometimes colorful, sometimes discreetly designed ships, guests of all ages feel comfortable. In the summer months, many families are on board, especially at Mediterranean cruises, many Italian families spread Italian cheerfulness. In the off-season, it is a little quieter, then many older guests come on board, to experience a cheap cruise. The ships also arrive well in the German market and the number of German guests is growing steadily. The ships of the MSC fleet take with double occupancy between 1500 and 5700 passengers on board. English skills are recommended, but you also get some German service on board. The cruise line is also committed to environmental protection and has set itself the goal of emission-free ship operation. Therefore, the ships are equipped with the latest technology, such as LNG propulsion. In addition, all newbuilds since 2017 have been equipped with a shore power connection, and further MSC Cruises ships will also be upgraded with this technology in the future.
About MSC Lirica
The MSC Lirica is a comfortable casual vessel that entered service in 2003. The length is 251.25 meters, which makes the ship one of the smaller ships of the fleet and can accommodate up to 1984 passengers (with double occupancy). The common areas and cabins are classically decorated with colorful accents. The ship was renovated in 2015 as part of the "Renaissance Program" extended by 24 meters and expanded by nearly 200 additional cabins. In addition, the range of spa services has been expanded: The ships offer an enlarged MSC Aurea Spa with more massage suites, a newly designed spa area and tailor-made health and beauty treatments. In addition, an outdoor water park was created.
MSC Lirica data
- Category: Lirica class
- Built in: 2003
- Home port: Panama City
- Length: 275 metres
- Tonnage: 65,591 BRZ
- Speed: 20,1 knots
- Decks: 13
- Passengers: 2.648
- Crew: 752
- Language: German, Italian, English, French, Spanish
- Currency: €
- Internet: On board there is an internet café and wi-fi. The usage is chargeable
The staterooms on the MSC Lirica are modern and comfortably furnished and have a bathroom with shower and toilet, a minibar, a safe and a TV. The interior and ocenview staterooms are about 12-13 sqm in size. The balcony staterooms already have 17 sqm and the suites have 21-53 sqm, depending on the suite category. Some balcony staterooms and all suites have a bathtub.
Atmosphere on Board
On board the MSC Lirica, it's like being in a well-kept holiday hotel on land: good food, a good range of sports, comfortable staterooms and many entertainment options. Even though it is relaxed and casual, festive attire is recommended on two evenings during a week. On these evenings, you can always opt for the buffet restaurant as well.
MSC Lirica restaurants
MSC Cruises is an Italian shipping company, and so the cuisine has also Italian characteristics. Overall, the cuisine is good and tasty. The restaurant and buffet area has also been greatly expanded as part of the Renaissance programme. On board you will find à la carte restaurants as well as buffet and speciality restaurants, which offer an international selection of culinary delights. From classic Mediterranean cuisine to the Kaito Sushi Bar - there is something for every taste.
Sports, Wellness and Entertainment
On board there are many ways to spend your holiday. Sufficient space has been created for entertainment and relaxation.
The pool area offers fun for the whole family. Apart from that, there are other entertainment options, for example, the Las Vegas Casino for adults or the boutiques. In the theatre you can watch breathtaking Broadway-style shows.
Sports enthusiasts will find an extensive gym with a beautiful view of the sea on the MSC Lirica. In addition, there is also a power walking track in the fresh air or a mini golf course.
For wellness lovers, the MSC Lirica also has a lot to offer. The Aurea Spa invites you to relax with sauna, whirlpool, massages and cosmetic treatments.
MSC Lirica children
There is plenty for children of all ages to discover on board, such as the LEGO® play area or the Doremi Spray Park with many water attractions.
Childcare is also provided for your children: babies and toddlers between the ages of one and three play in the Baby Club, which was created in collaboration with the leading children's brand Chicco®. The MSC Mini Club looks after the youngest children aged three to six and the Junior Club takes care of children aged seven to eleven. MSC's experienced entertainers look after the children with various games and lots of sporting activities. During the day, 12 to 14-year-olds in the Young Club and 15 to 17-year-olds in the Teens Club can enjoy clubs equipped with the latest consoles, games and VR technology, a teen disco and a dinner organized exclusively for teenagers.
The European and especially Italian characterised atmosphere makes the MSC Lirica a lively and cheerful ship. But also a quiet place for relaxed hours can always be found on board. Cruise newcomers and families feel very comfortable on this ship. The price-performance ratio is good.
Our rating of the MSC Lirica:
|Comfort and luxury|
|Sports and fitness|
|Spa and wellness|
Our customers say:
|Overall rating of ship|
More Feedback from our customers about this ship (click for details)
- Average, not so clean, some problem with lack of hot water
- The only disadvantage was the shower was too small.
- We had a window without any view because of the tender boat but what really was disturbing was the outside light (probably from the tender boat) -> the room was never dark
- Banged head on fold away bunks while getting out of bed.There was a heavy smell of body odour in the cabin when assigned (fixed). Door was difficult to open (fixed)
- Excellent cabin!
- Was very comfortable with a big window. The only problem was the toilet. When we flushed it made a noise similar to an airplane taking off. We reported it and they fixed it but after 2 days it didn’t flush at all. They came and fixed it but it didn’t work properly....
- The cabin was very crowded with the baby cot and the bank beds were obstructing the movement as we were hitting our heads on them every time we had to tend to the baby during the night. The window was smaller than the rest of our party who had booked the Bella cabins.
Cruise in one sentence
- MSC Lirica is one of the smallest ships in the fleet, so everything is focused on the majority of the guest - older people and families - so for people between 20 and 30 there was not that much program except the dance lessons
- Paid for 2 days specialty dining. THere was only one specialty facility on board (sushi) which we do not consume. We did try it and opening during the day was limited to SEA DAYS.
- You have the same musicians every day when you could actually rotate and make it more interesting. It was unacceptable that when the new year came you had no entertainment and the only thing you had was a buffet! Then all of the staff were gone to celebrate....
- A very precious white blanket with the name of the baby embroidered on it went missing from the cabin and was not found. The blanket never left the room as it was used for covering the baby in her cot.