6334 Passengers (6334 with upper beds)
About MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises offers its guests mediterranean and modern lifestyle at a good price-performance ratio. On the sometimes colorful, sometimes discreetly designed ships, guests of all ages feel comfortable. In the summer months, many families are on board, especially at Mediterranean cruises, many Italian families spread Italian cheerfulness. In the off-season, it is a little quieter, then many older guests come on board, to experience a cruise. The ships are received well in the German market and the number of German guests is growing steadily. English skills are recommended, but you also get some German service on board. The cruise line is also committed to environmental protection and has set itself the goal of emission-free ship operation. Therefore, the ships are equipped with the latest technology, such as LNG propulsion. In addition, all newbuilds since 2017 have been equipped with a shore power connection, and further MSC Cruises ships will also be upgraded with this technology in the future.
About MSC Grandiosa
The MSC Grandiosa and started sailing the oceans as the new flagship of MSC Cruises in November 2019. MSC Grandiosa offers even more space in public areas than its two sister ships. Worth mentioning are also the modern environmental technologies the ship is equipped with. These include the on-shore power connection, an innovative wastewater treatment system, a hybrid emission control system and a modern Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) catalyst - measures that reduce the environmental impact. The central promenade aboard has boutiques, restaurants and cozy squares throughout the day. In the evening, the square becomes the center of music, parties and entertainment.
MSC Grandiosa data
- Ship class: Meraviglia-Plus-class
- Length: 331 m
- Width: 43 m
- Draft: 8,75 m
- BRZ: 181.541 Tonnen
- Year of construction: 2019
- Speed: 23 knots
- Decks: 19
- Passengers: 6.334
- Crew: 1.704
MSC Grandiosa staterooms
The MSC Grandiosa offers a variety of different stateroom categories including family staterooms, maisonette suites with private whirlpool, oceanview staterooms, single staterooms and more. The stateroom size varies depending on the chosen category. The special family stateroom consist of two or three staterooms that can be interconnected. All staterooms and suites are designed in a modern and friendly style to provide a comfortable home away from home. The MSC Grandiosa staterooms have a new feature: "Zoe" - the cruise assistant. "Zoe" is the digital language assistant that is available around the clock with a lot of information. You can also view the on-board programme and make bookings via the "MSC for me" app or directly on your TV.
Atmosphere on board the MSC Grandiosa
The atmosphere aboard the ships of MSC Cruises is relaxed and casual with many opportunities for activities. Also on the MSC Grandiosa many families will be on board during the summer months and typical Italian cheerfulness accompanies you on your journey. You will be surprised by the design of MSC Grandiosa: the absolute highlights are the stairs in the Atrium that are filled with Swarowski diamants or the LED roof on the promenade deck.
MSC Grandiosa Restaurants, bars & lounges
The restaurants on board the MSC Grandiosa offer variety and fresh dishes so that every guest on board can find something to suit them. Drinks are available for an additional charge or you can take advantage of a drinks package.
The following restaurants are included in the price:
- Marketplace Buffet (buffet restaurant): A variety of dishes from the hot and cold buffet as well as Mediterranean delicacies await you here.
- La Loggia (main restaurant): Sample freshly prepared dishes in an elegant ambience.
- La Perla Grigia/ La Perle Gris (main restaurant): Enjoy fine dining in the à la carte restaurant.
- The Purple Crab (main restaurant): The stylish restaurant offers international dishes.
Il Campo is exclusively for Aurea guests and offers daily changing menus. Guests of the MSC Yacht Club also have access to an exclusive restaurant with gourmet creations and five-star service.
You pay a surcharge in the following speciality restaurants:
- Hola! tapas bar: Try Latin American and Mexican dishes such as tacos, nachos or empanadas.
- Butcher's Cut: Savour high-quality Angus beef, for example, in the steakhouse.
- Kaito Sushi Bar: Taste Japanese specialities such as exquisite sushi or soup.
- Kaito Teppanyaki: At the cooking stations, you can watch how the Japanese delicacies are prepared.
- L'Atelier Bistrot: Enjoy traditional French cuisine, such as fois gras pâté or crème brûlée.
In addition to the restaurants, there are also a variety of bars and lounges (not included). Enjoy an afternoon cappuccino in the Jean-Philippe Maury Chocolat & Café, for example, have an aperitif before dinner in the Carousel Lounge or savour delicious cocktails in the Grandiosa Bar.
MSC Grandiosa Entertainment, Sports and Relaxation
There are many ways to spend your holiday on board. Relaxation is provided by the popular Aurea Spa, a luxurious spa where body, mind and soul are brought into harmony. A beauty salon and a nail salon also invite you to pamper yourself. For the athletically active, the Fitness Studio by Technogym® offers state-of-the-art equipment for cardio and strength training as well as innovative courses and training programmes.
A special highlight on board the MSC Grandiosa is the entertainment programme. Colourful shows, musical performances and many activities await you. Especially the unique art exhibition by Edgar Degas invites you to linger. Are you more interested in the shows on board? Look forward to impressive Broadway-style performances in the "Théatre La Comédie". On deck 16 you will find two F1 simulators as well as an interactive cinema and the Virtual Games Arcade. On the same deck you will also find the Sportplex (gymnasium) and a bowling alley.
If you're not afraid of heights, you should also definitely try the Himalayan High Ropes Course. Also on this deck, children travelling with you will find the Wild Forest Aquapark with great slides.
MSC Grandiosa children
There is plenty to discover on board for children of all ages: Thrill seekers can master a high rope course 80 metres above the sea. In the water park, pool areas and several slides, a funnel slide and two fast-paced tube slides, await for plenty of fun. In the LEGO® play area, children have the opportunity to build great things every day.
Childcare is also provided for your children: babies and toddlers between the ages of one and three play in the Baby Club, which was created in collaboration with the leading children's brand Chicco®. The MSC Mini Club looks after the youngest children aged three to six and the Junior Club takes care of children aged seven to eleven. MSC's experienced entertainers look after the children with various games and lots of sporting activities. During the day, 12 to 14-year-olds in the Young Club and 15 to 17-year-olds in the Teens Club can enjoy clubs equipped with the latest consoles, games and VR technology, a teen disco and a dinner organized exclusively for teenagers.
The MSC Grandiosa combines the shipping company's popular Mediterranean charm with the most modern amenities of a large cruise ship. Sports enthusiasts will get their money's worth as well as those seeking for peace or families with children.
Our rating of the MSC Grandiosa:
|Comfort and luxury
|Sports and fitness
|Spa and wellness
Our customers say:
|Overall rating of ship
More Feedback from our customers about this ship (click for details)
- Need an english channel on tv,for english speakers,not just sky news ect, some more new films in movie seletion
- Thank you very much for your excellent curtesy and services.
- Well served from the MDR restaurants especially from Tantely and Agung.
- Took to long to order drinks and very full, nowhere to sit and relax in bars. Food really aveage.staff not helpfull
- Food mediocre except in speciality restaurants, service really slow, staff fantastic (apart from Guest Services). Massively overcharged on our bill but thankfully rectified before disembarking. Clean, modern ship but although big, the amenities don't reflect this somehow.
- Compared to Mein Schiff it lacked true Christmas Spirit. The food was very good both in the MDR and in the buffet. The ship itself is super clean and very modern.
- Could do with a little bit more Christmas atmosphere. The decorations looked like they were a bit of a rushed job.
- The service at the bars was slow at times (the bar next to the swarovski stairs on Deck 6 and Bar on Deck 8 outside)....
- Unfriendly and defensive guest relations. Marseille shuttle offered for 16,-- p.p. whilst there was a free port shuttle!!! No kettle available whilst we had this on the Virtuosa on our cruise 3 weeks before (answer guest relations was too dangerous!! Placed a special request and never got an answer....
- Its a wonderful liner
Cruise in one sentence
- Good value
- The cruise felt quite two-fold, but compared to competition rather unfavorable: on some sides it felt very good (fantastic shows, attractive swimming pools) but on the other side rather not pleasant (mediocre and very repeatable food, lack of punctuality, long waiting lines during embarkation, misin...
- It was a nice and funny time for us.
- Excellent food, facilities and entertainment.
- it was fantastic
- Excellent value for a great experience
- I had a pleasant stay
- overall the cabin was fine, but the window in our room was not too airtight and during stronger winds you could hear wind whistling (especially in the night when the ship was at sea)
- My cabin was very good.
- Modern and spacious.
- Little noising
- Everything was fine, but we thought we would have a couch or chairs based on the pictures online.
- Very large balcony, and very private balcony with proper wall dividing it.
- Very clean and comfortable
- Had all the necessity
- Too small and bunkbed above does not really give a positive welcome when you see the room
- Clean but small