3274 Passengers (4363 with upper beds)
About MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises offers its guests mediterranean and modern lifestyle at a good price-performance ratio. On the sometimes colorful, sometimes discreetly designed ships, guests of all ages feel comfortable. In the summer months, many families are on board, especially at Mediterranean cruises, many Italian families spread Italian cheerfulness. In the off-season, it is a little quieter, then many older guests come on board, to experience a cheap cruise. The ships also arrive well in the German market and the number of German guests is growing steadily. The ships of the MSC fleet take with double occupancy between 1500 and 5700 passengers on board. English skills are recommended, but you also get some German service on board. The cruise line is also committed to environmental protection and has set itself the goal of emission-free ship operation. Therefore, the ships are equipped with the latest technology, such as LNG propulsion. In addition, all newbuilds since 2017 have been equipped with a shore power connection, and further MSC Cruises ships will also be upgraded with this technology in the future.
About MSC Fantasia
Commissioned in 2008, MSC Fantasia is a modern ship with an unforced atmosphere. It was the first ship of the Fantasia type and got redecorated frequently. MSC Fantasia offers space for 4,000 passengers at a length of approx. 333 metres and has diversion for the whole family. It has the luxurious Yacht Club area and the staterooms and public areas are colourful designed. MSC Fantasia was the first ship ever that had a staircase with Swarovski crystals in its steps. The glass roof offers you a great opportunity to admire the starry sky at night.
MSC Fantasia data
- Category: Fantasia class
- Commissioning: 2008
- Home port: Panama City
- Length: 330 metres
- Tonnage: 137.936 BRZ
- Speed: 23.64 Knots
- Passengers: 4,363
- Crew: 1,370
- Languages: English, Italian, Spanish, German, French
- Currency: Euro or US-Dollar (depending on the destination)
- Internet: Internet cafe and wi-fi. The usage is liable to pay costs.
MSC Fantasia staterooms
All staterooms are modern and comfortably equipped and have bathroom with shower, tv, telephone, minibar and safe. The inside and outside staterooms are 12-13 sqm large and the balcony staterooms are 17 sqm large. The Suites convince with 21-53 sqm depending on the Suite category. Some balcony staterooms and all Suites are equipped with a bathtub. Tip: In the special Yacht Club Suites (which are only available on Fantasia class ships) there are lots of amenities such as butler service, own restaurant and lots of beverages included.
Atmosphere onboard the MSC Fantasia
On board the MSC Fantasia the feeling is the same as in a neat hotel ashore: Good food, comfortable staterooms and lots of entertainment offers. The atmosphere is leger, except on two nights in a week where a festive dress is advisable. You can even in these nights change to the buffet restaurant.
MSC Fantasia restaurants
The cuisine on the MSC Fantasia is good and tasty and meets the standard of a good mid-range ship.
There are various restaurants such as the Grand Il Cherchio d'Oro, the Red Velvet restaurant with beautiful chandeliers or the Tex-Mex of El Sombrero. Enjoy a cool drink in one of the many bars and lounges, for example the Piano Bar or the Jazz Bar.
Entertainment, Sports and Wellness
From sports and fitness facilities and an extensive wellness area to a large theatre, a disco and various bars, everyone will find their favourite place on board the MSC Divina. A great special feature is the 4D cinema. Attend a show and experience a unique cinema experience full of surprising visual effects. In the F1 simulator you can put your driving skills to the test and drive a virtual reality race. At the "Teatro l'Avanguardia" you can experience breathtaking shows and at the Casino delle Palme you can try your luck. The Aqua Park provides great fun for the whole family.
MSC Fantasia children
There is plenty to discover on board for children of all ages: A pool and slide await in the water park, providing plenty of fun. Whether outdoor or indoor sports court, mini golf or bowling - here the family members can compete against each other.
Childcare is also provided for your children: babies and toddlers between the ages of one and three play in the Baby Club, which was created in collaboration with the leading children's brand Chicco®. The MSC Mini Club looks after the youngest children aged three to six and the Junior Club takes care of children aged seven to eleven. MSC's experienced entertainers look after the children with various games and lots of sporting activities. During the day, 12 to 14-year-olds in the Young Club and 15 to 17-year-olds in the Teens Club can enjoy clubs equipped with the latest consoles, games and VR technology, a teen disco and a dinner organized exclusively for teenagers.
MSC Fantasia is a nice big ship for everyone that likes variety, entertainment and a vivid atmosphere on board. The MSC Fantasia offers a great value for money, and is perfectly suited for families with children.
Our rating of the MSC Fantasia:
|Comfort and luxury|
|Sports and fitness|
|Spa and wellness|
Our customers say:
|Overall rating of ship|
More Feedback from our customers about this ship (click for details)
Cruise in one sentence
- Ist class service
- Over I feel not bad
- Out of control BAD!!! Unfortunately...
- Relaxing seadays!
- It was great
- Old ship vibe, nuce staff, food mediocre
- We really enjoyed the whole cruise experience on MSC Fantasia.
- A good experience overall
- a nice ship but the itinerary could be better
- Fantastic trip on Fantasia!
- Lots of space
- Cabin wad good, like always. From 4 days of my cruise 2 times toilet didn't flush. In the morning it was catastrophe! We were waiting servic more the one hour.
- We had to ask for toilet paper
- Clean but old, rust under bathroomdoor
- Our cabin was clean, plenty of space and storage. Bathroom a little rundown but that’s probably an age thing.
- Good. No issues. Our cabin attendant was so helpful with any queries we had.
- Nice cabin, located too close to the emergency exit so it was laud sometimes.
- The cabin had moist issues which created a smell of mold from the bathroom. Cleaning staff were very sweet and attentive
- A balcony cabin with a comfortable bed and nice bathroom. The balcony had a metal wall instead of a glass railing. The TV was as old as the ship.
- The cabin without a balcony has a larger closet for clothes, not enough space for things in the balcony cabin
- This cruise wasn't good for us, from 3 packages wich I booked we didn't receive with out asking few times ? Beds linens weren't changed no one time! ☝️
- Nice crew, but too few to serv in the mainrestaurant. This made a lot of waiting and acctually a very stressful time for both guests and servicestaff.
- Staff were brilliant but sometimes overworked and hard to get served by them in bars and restaurants because they were so busy
- Overworked staff and the buffet a bit crazy at times. There could be more activities like table tennis and foosball for kids in the general areas, indoor pool area. Overall a great trip on a lovely ship.
- The food was perfect, I loved it. Especially in ZanziBar. The entertainmeny program was really nice but there was few easy-to-repair holes. However, everything was just great.
- I the food is very mediocre in the buffet. Stick to the main dining room or specialty restaurant.
- Overall, it was a pleasant experience. The ship is not the newest but MSC has maintained good quality in most aspects. For evening theatre, the ship no longer offered circus and musical shows, but more traditional performances, and even some stars from TV talent shows.
- As I said on the ship at service desk on the last day of the cruise, we were deeply disappointed by the problems we had in our cabin (my complaint is also in a system - room 12047). As you know, on most days of the cruise the ship had problems with the toilets not flushing....
- Very little English speaking on ship. Beautiful ship,
- The food was acceptable, but not more than that. The service was quite good, but the service at the pool bars were worse than anything I have experienced before. The score shouldin the areal B have been far on the negative side.