Mein Schiff 1
About TUI Cruises
Young and young-at-heart, sophisticated travellers love TUI Cruises' onboard lifestyle. The German cruise line offers an all-inclusive concept and a casual atmosphere. Besides steady quality, TUI Cruises also convinces its passengers with music events and theme cruises. The main onboard language is German.
About Mein Schiff 1
Mein Schiff 1 was put in service on 27th April 2018. Special comfort as well as an even more modern design are the focus here. The personal service and the German on-board language contribute to an all-round successful cruise. As on the sister ships, guests on board Mein Schiff 1 benefit from the Premium All Inclusive concept. At no extra charge in most of the restaurants, you enjoy excellent gastronomy and culinary highlights 24 hours a day.
Mein Schiff 1 Facts
- Inaugural cruise: 2018
- Home port: Valletta
- Length: 316 m
- Tonnage: 111,900 GRT
- Speed: 21 knots
- Decks: 16
- Passengers: 2,894
- Crew: 1,102
- Language: German
- Currency: €
- Internet: Starlink from SpaceX, Internet café and Wi-Fi (fee required)
Mein Schiff 1 Christening
The new Mein Schiff 1 was baptized at the Container Terminal Burchardkai in Hamburg during the Hamburg harbor birthday on 11th May 2018. The godmothers are beach volleyball players and Olympic champions Laura Ludwig and Kira Walkenhorst.
Mein Schiff 1 Staterooms
The staterooms on Mein Schiff 1 are modern, comfortable and stylishly furnished. Each stateroom category offers various amenities, including its own espresso machine, flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi, safe, telephone, hairdryer, bathrobes and much more. Suites, junior suites and family staterooms also include a game console. Compared to the other TUI Cruises fleet members, Mein Schiff 1 also offers an even wider selection of suites, such as the Übersee Suite.
Mein Schiff 1 Atmosphere on Board
The main onboard language is German. The atmosphere is relaxed - similar to an upscale club hotel. Especially middle-aged guests feel very comfortable on board, but during the holidays also many families are guests aboard. They appreciate the relaxed atmosphere, the possibility to do sports and the large variety of fine dining options. Almost all food, beverages and gratuities are already included in the cruise price. This distinguishes TUI Cruises from other cruise lines.
Mein Schiff 1 Restaurants, bars & lounges
The culinary offering on board Mein Schiff 1 includes numerous restaurants and cafés where every guest will find something. You can expect a culinary variety ranging from traditional to modern dishes.
The following restaurants are already included in the price:
- Anckelmannsplatz (buffet restaurant): A variety of dishes from the warm and cold buffet await you here for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Fischmarkt: Enjoy specialities from the sea, e.g. fish and seafood.
- Atlantik - Mediterranean: Savour a variety of meat and fish dishes, vegetarian and vegan dishes in a Mediterranean ambience.
- Atlantik - Classic: Enjoy a rich breakfast buffet in the morning and daily changing 5-course menus in the evening.
- Tag & Nacht-Bistro: The bistro is open almost around the clock - ideal for a small midnight snack.
- Backstube (in the buffet restaurant): Here you can sample crispy rolls, delicious sandwiches or exquisite tarts.
- Bosporus snack bar: Discover hearty, savoury dishes such as doner kebab, falafel or Belgian potatoes with delicious sauces.
- Ganz schön gesund-Bistro: Enjoy balanced and healthy dishes with fresh and selected ingredients.
You pay a surcharge in the following speciality restaurants:
- Surf & Turf Steakhouse: Sample tasty grilled specialities from land and sea and discover the extensive wine list.
- Cucimare - Ristorante in the Manufaktur: Look forward to homemade pasta creations or pizza with ash dough.
- Manufaktur - Kreativküche: Various culinary workshops and very special dinner evenings are offered here.
- Esszimmer - Lieblingsgerichte: Feel at home with a homely atmosphere and home-style cooking.
In the numerous bars and lounges, you can enjoy among others a cappuccino in the X-Bar, savour delicious cocktails in the TUI Bar or have an aperitif in the Schau Bar. We also recommend the "Ebbe & Flut" beer bar(extra charge), where you can enjoy regionally brewed beer from the Ratsherrn brewery in Hamburg.
Mein Schiff 1 Entertainment, Sports and Relaxation
With its huge fitness- and SPA-area that measures in total 2,000 sqm, the Mein Schiff 1 is the sports and wellness ship among the members of the TUI Cruises fleet. It offers a variety of options for all kinds of sports fans and those who want to get physically active. From a climbing wall to a 25-meter-pool to TRX Suspension Training equipment and many different sports courses - no wishes will be left unfulfilled. An extendible screen with beamer can transform the arena into a cinema in no time. Additionally, the fitness area on deck 15 offers passengers to train while enjoying the magnificent sea-view. In the evenings changing events with acrobatics, musicals, magic and comedy ensure you are well entertained. Boredom is definitely an unknown word on board of the Mein Schiff 1. And if you want to turn night into day you should dance in the bar until the early morning!
The vessels of TUI Cruises offer German-speaking cruises with great value for money and are suited for all who appreciate comfort, want to join activities and enjoy tasty dinners. The Premium-All Inclusive concept already includes many services for which you have to pay an additional charge on other cruises.
Our rating of the Mein Schiff 1:
|Comfort and luxury
|Sports and fitness
|Spa and wellness
Our customers say:
|Overall rating of ship