About Celebrity Cruises
The Celebrity fleet, marked with an X on the chimney, combines the best sides of elegant cruises with a modern lifestyle on their ships. The worldwide impressive routes and the international atmosphere are particularly interesting for experienced cruise guests. Although the atmosphere is casual and relaxed during the day, the smart casual dress code is expected at the so-called "chic evenings". Most ships in the Celebrity fleet impress in the classic style. The Solstice class, however, impresses the trend-conscious audience with its innovative design. The ships of the new, modern Edge class are now expanding the fleet.
The Celebrity Eclipse, which went into service in 2010 and was completely renovated in 2015, is a ship of the luxurious Solstice class. It was built in the German Meyer shipyard and offers space for 2,850 passengers over a length of 315 m. 85 % of all staterooms have their own, secluded balcony. On board you can expect 5-star comfort in a luxurious and spectacular design, excellent service and excellent cuisine at attractive prices.
Celebrity Eclipse facts
- Inaugural cruise: April 2010
- Renovation: 2015
- Length: 315 m
- Tonnage: 122,000 tons
- Speed: 24 knots
- Decks: 15
- Passengers: 2,850
- Language: English
- Currency: USD
- Internet: Wi-Fi for a fee
- Smoking: Allowed on deck or in designated bars
Celebrity Eclips staterooms
All staterooms are spacious, cosy and comfortably furnished. The staterooms are between approx. 16 and 18 sqm in size. Suites have approx. 28-120 sqm of living space available and approx. 7-36 sqm of balconies, depending on the category. A special highlight for guests who love wellness and relaxation are the Aqua Class balcony staterooms with special amenities, such as free access to the wellness area Persian Garden and the exclusive specialty restaurant Blu.
Atmosphere on board of Celebrity Eclipse
Guests of every age group feel comfortable on this elegant ship. However, the highest percentage of guests are middle-aged and older people. The Celebrity Eclipse is an international ship with mostly American, English and French passengers. Elegant furnishings, large space, first-class comfort and excellent cuisine ensure well-being on board. Despite the elegant atmosphere, life on board is relaxed and varied.
Celebrity Eclipse restaurants
The excellent cuisine is one of the quality features of the shipping company. The luxurious main restaurant in a two tier glass tower invites to multi-course menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Numerous show cooking stations ensure especially freshly prepared dishes and ensure that every meal is a special experience. The renowned Las Vegas gastronomy specialist Elizabeth Blau is constantly creating new menu combinations that are served on Celebrity Cruises ships. The Tuscan Grill specialty restaurants and the Murano restaurant offer culinary highlights during the cruise (at an additional cost). In the Napa Valley-inspired Cellar Masters, you can embark on an impressive journey into the world of wine.
Entertainment, sports & relaxation
Regardless of whether you prefer it to be quiet or loud, the variety on board ranges from piano music in the stylish Michael's Club to Broadway-style shows in the Eclipse theater and the disco where guests can dance. Art auctions are regularly held on board, but the mandatory bingo games are also popular on board. A special feature are the many interesting lectures about the different ports that are called during the cruise. The Aqua Spa offers numerous pampering and beauty offers for a fee. Two pools and some whirlpools on deck invite you to swim and bathe. For active people, it offers a large fitness area with wonderful sea views, a pool with relaxation area, numerous courses such as aerobics or Pilates, as well as a thalasso pool that is filled with sea water and enriched with mineral extracts (for a fee). The jogging route with a unique view of the sea invites you to exercise in the fresh air.
Celebrity eclipse shore excursions
With the best local experts, you can make your Celebrity cruise something very special. Celebrity can offer you everything you want through culinary discovery tours, private tours that will become a very exclusive experience and even multi-day trips. You can book your shore excursion online before the cruise begins or directly on board.
The Celebrity Eclipse offers you cruises on a medium-sized, luxurious ship at attractive conditions. The service is excellent, and the great food and service are two of the hallmarks of Celebrity Cruises. The ship is certainly one of the most beautiful, stylish and pleasant ships on the cruise market. An absolute highlight on this cruise ship: 2,000 sqm of the finest green lawn on the upper deck. Plus the Patio on the Lawn and the Sunset Bar. Here you can enjoy the sunset with fantastic cocktails. Overall, you can expect a professionally organised cruise experience of very good quality and a special atmosphere.
Our rating of the Celebrity Eclipse:
|Comfort and luxury|
|Sports and fitness|
|Spa and wellness|
Our customers say:
|Overall rating of ship|
More Feedback from our customers about this ship (click for details)
Cruise in one sentence
- Pleasant holiday
- Excellent service and food.
- Nice itinerary, great service but food in lunch buffet not so good.
- A nice transatlantic cruise with Some rough seas but realtime one to relax
- very relaxing and comfortable way of travelling with very professional and friendly service from staff. quality of food onboard is very much appreciated.
- Expectations were high, crew and beverage package met our expectation, food didn't.
- The best Cruise Ive made so far(2 before with other companies).
- Not the Celebrity experience we are used to. In a negative way.
- A excellent cruise.
- Excellent !
- Clean but no window which we usually book. Something we were aware of.
- Clean and spacious. Could probably have done with more drawer space (I took most of the space as I’m sure my husband would be the first to say)....
- Nice cabin and fantastic stateroom attendant.
- Partially obstructed, but still nice view.
- Spotless cabin with enough space
- Door of the closet made a little noise.
- Nice and spacy....
- Very spacious
- Cabin was not perfectly clean
- The cabin was adequate for our needs, and the cabin staff were excellent.
- Very easily negotiated. We have been on six other cruises and this was the most efficiently organised ship we have been on. A credit to the cabin who x Could be seen regularly and every day had a saying that his grandfather used to say. Wonderful....
- Needs cosmetic renovations.
- Service is still great, but there is clearly a decline in the food quality.
- Eclipse is a modern design ship with a very friendly crew, come back again and again and you'll feel like family
- This is the best Celebrity ship to our knowledge.
- Food in the main dining room was not good.
- Staff was unmotivated, lack of commitment in general.
- The celebrity eclipse was o.k for me, the only downturn was the entertainment, it was hopeless.I spoke with a lot of other disgruntled people regarding the same issue.
- Very good staff.
- The large number of passengers made the Oceanview Cafe overcrowded at times. The standard of the food in the main restaurant was sometimes quite ordinary.